This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ballet Memorabilia

I enjoy collecting ballet memorabilia off of eBay and I also buy ballet books off of Strand, ABE, and Alibris but I was wondering if there are some other places to shop online. Ballet pictures are a favorite of mine to collect - any info would be helpful. (I hope I posted this in the right place, if not, feel free to move it). Thank you!

Rachel

I enjoy collecting Ballet & Dance old programs,books,stamps,postcards,

i looking to complete a collection of theater programs of the works of

M.Fokine after he left Russia.I have three copies of the play program

Aphrodite,Fokine did the chorography and was his first work when he

came to America in 1919 and i found on ebay Mecca,the second work

Fokine did in America.I like to collect old items in regards to the

Russian Ballet,Diaghilev's Ballet Russes,also books of old dance

photographs.

try www.used.addall.com

this is book supersite that connects to all the major internet book

sellers.

kevin

So, RD.... are you one of my rivals when bidding on ebay for ballet pictures?

My daughter and son-in-law collect old ballet pictures from the 40's up through the 60's. At last count they have well over 120, their walls are covered in them. They also have a few figurines. Other than on-line, antique malls are a good place to check out, and if you're willing to really search, you can still find an occasional picture at Salvation Army,Goodwill stores, and yard sales and old-fashioned flea markets. Enjoy!

I enjoy collecting ballet memorabilia off of eBay and I also buy ballet books off of Strand, ABE, and Alibris but I was wondering if there are some other places to shop online. Ballet pictures are a favorite of mine to collect - any info would be helpful. (I hope I posted this in the right place, if not, feel free to move it). Thank you!

Rachel

Hi ReachelsDream,

I have just joined Ballet talk and reading about you who is collecting ballet memorabilia I thought it would be good to contact you.

I am a New York based independent producer from Hungary.

Currently, I am working on a documentary on a Hungarian ballet dancer, choreographer, IVAN MARKO who was one of the principal dancers at Maurice Bejart's company Ballet of the XX. Century dancing with Jorge Donn, Judith Jamison, Suzanne Farrell, Andrej Ziemski, Angele Albrecht in the ’70 performing in America several times in "Petrouchka", "Le Spectre de la Rose" and "Teak" though he was most recognized in his role in the "Firebird and was elected amongst the 10 best ballet dancers by the American Critics.

Since it was a while ago I have difficulties to find ORIGINAL articles, footages, photographs, brochures from that period.

Obviously, I made a huge research at the Lincoln Center and I’ve just started to contact with magazines, critics, dancers and choreographers though I would appreciate any suggestions or help in advance since the original material I have access from the '70 is rather limited.

Dorottya

Hi Dorottya.

I just joined to this site because I found this comment on the net. I have a book titled: Maurice Bejart Eletem: a Tanc. If you have this too just ignore my comment please. The book has couple of pictures of Marko with the Bejart company. In addition, my husband was a dancer at the Fesztival Ballet for a short period of time (he is a videographer now).

Your project sounds very interesting.

Evelyn

I have just joined Ballet talk and reading about you who is collecting ballet memorabilia I thought it would be good to contact you.

I am a New York based independent producer from Hungary.

Currently, I am working on a documentary on a Hungarian ballet dancer, choreographer, IVAN MARKO who was one of the principal dancers at Maurice Bejart's company Ballet of the XX. Century dancing with Jorge Donn, Judith Jamison, Suzanne Farrell, Andrej Ziemski, Angele Albrecht in the ’70 performing in America several times in "Petrouchka", "Le Spectre de la Rose" and "Teak" though he was most recognized in his role in the "Firebird and was elected amongst the 10 best ballet dancers by the American Critics.

Since it was a while ago I have difficulties to find ORIGINAL articles, footages, photographs, brochures from that period.

Obviously, I made a huge research at the Lincoln Center and I’ve just started to contact with magazines, critics, dancers and choreographers though I would appreciate any suggestions or help in advance since the original material I have access from the '70 is rather limited.

Dorottya