Fairies, Fairies and More Fairies

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Lexie

Lexie

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:53 AM

In the royal Ballet Version I am used to, Violente is described as 'Fairy of Passion' but the electricity theory explains the pointing.
The Breadcrumb Fairy is described as 'Fairy of Generosity', and the gold 'fairy' in the last act is played by a male.

#32 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:20 AM

The Act III fairies always seem to give choreographers the whibbies, so all sorts of things have happened to them. The Sapphire (5/4) variation proved so musically daunting that it didn't get used, Gold went to the Vision Scene and I don't know what happened to the entree music in that production. Diamond sort of segues into the coda, so I think it got used, but the pas de quatre fairies did a sort of curtain-raiser in the entree to the grand pas de deux to the principal couple.

#33 Sonora

Sonora

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:38 AM

In Martins' version for NYCB, are the first-act fairies named or otherwise identified - cannot recall.

#34 Kathleen O'Connell

Kathleen O'Connell

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:58 AM

In Martins' version for NYCB, are the first-act fairies named or otherwise identified - cannot recall.

They are: Tenderness, Vivacity, Generosity, Eloquence, and Courage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):