This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hello from London

Hello everybody,

I teach adult ballet classes in London for the past 15 years and my passion for it grows every year.

I am very interested in what concerns an adult ballet student. It is often very different to that of a professional dancer who trains since childhood.

So hopefully, with this forum I can find out more and also offer my thoughts to specific questions.

Franziska

Welcome to Ballet Alert! Franziska!

We are the audience site for watchers, although we have members who are adult dancers. The "doers" site is our sister site, Ballet Talk for Dancers, which has a forum for adult students:

www.dancers.invisionzone.com

You will need to register separately for the BT4D. BT4D does not accept hotmail, gmail, yahoo, or most free email addresses. If you do not have an email address with a company, school, work, or ISP domain, we suggest creating an account with aol, which is accepted by the site.

If you see a professional company performing classical ballet, we'd love to hear your thoughts here.

Helene, I tried to join via the link above but it kept saying that it would not accept either of the two email addresses I entered. Certainly there were accepted by Ballet Alert and BalletcoForum in the UK. Do you know why this might be. I would like to be able to gain access to your forums. Much thanks for your kind advice.

BT4D has separate registration policies than Ballet Alert! and accepts a smaller number of email domains. It's administered separately from BA!, and as far as I know, no exceptions have been made to the written policy.

We usually recommend that people set up an aol email to register at BT4D, and no one has told us yet that this hasn't worked.