This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

ABT Nutcracker Disscussion @ GuggenheimNov 7 and 8, 2010

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ambonnay

Ambonnay

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:15 AM

The below information is from a Guggenheim newsletter I received today:

"ABTíS NEW NUTCRACKER
Sun and Mon, Nov 7 and 8, 7:30 pm
American Ballet Theatre offers a special sneak peek of The Nutcracker by Alexei Ratmansky, prior to its world premiere at the Brooklyn Academy of Music. ABT dancers perform excerpts and the artistic staff discusses the process of mounting this new production."

The discussion is part of the Guggenheim's "works and Process" series.

I'll attend and be among those to report :flowers:

#2 Barbara

Barbara

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:29 AM

I ordered a ticket for the Sunday performance! I'm not holding my breath that any principals will dance. I'm more looking forward to the discussion of the creative process entailed in mounting a piece like this.

#3 Joseph

Joseph

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:04 AM

How much do tickets cost for this? Do they sometimes offer student discounts? Or, can you give me a link to it?
Sounds interesting to learn about the process!

#4 Ambonnay

Ambonnay

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:19 AM

Joseph:

http://www.guggenhei...events-schedule

The cost is $30 in general, $25 for Guggenheim members, and $10 for students under 25 with valid ID.

#5 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

I'm not holding my breath that any principals will dance. I'm more looking forward to the discussion of the creative process entailed in mounting a piece like this.

I've been to a number of ABT Works & Process events (and recommend them enthusiastically), and I can't recall any that did not feature at least two principal dancers, as well as other dancers of various ranks, including adolescents from the JKO School.

#6 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:50 PM

I'll attend and be among those to report :flowers:

Please, report back. I'm VERY curious about this production, particularly if Ratmansky will be using anything from either Gorsky, Vainonen or maybe even some of what's left of Ivanov around...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):