Ambonnay

ABT Nutcracker Disscussion @ Guggenheim

6 posts in this topic

The below information is from a Guggenheim newsletter I received today:

"ABT’S NEW NUTCRACKER

Sun and Mon, Nov 7 and 8, 7:30 pm

American Ballet Theatre offers a special sneak peek of The Nutcracker by Alexei Ratmansky, prior to its world premiere at the Brooklyn Academy of Music. ABT dancers perform excerpts and the artistic staff discusses the process of mounting this new production."

The discussion is part of the Guggenheim's "works and Process" series.

I'll attend and be among those to report :flowers:

I ordered a ticket for the Sunday performance! I'm not holding my breath that any principals will dance. I'm more looking forward to the discussion of the creative process entailed in mounting a piece like this.

How much do tickets cost for this? Do they sometimes offer student discounts? Or, can you give me a link to it?

Sounds interesting to learn about the process!

I'm not holding my breath that any principals will dance. I'm more looking forward to the discussion of the creative process entailed in mounting a piece like this.
I've been to a number of ABT Works & Process events (and recommend them enthusiastically), and I can't recall any that did not feature at least two principal dancers, as well as other dancers of various ranks, including adolescents from the JKO School.

I'll attend and be among those to report :flowers:

Please, report back. I'm VERY curious about this production, particularly if Ratmansky will be using anything from either Gorsky, Vainonen or maybe even some of what's left of Ivanov around...