• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EvilNinjaX

EvilNinjaX

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:29 PM

I just saw that Zurich Ballet's SWAN LAKE with Paulina Semionova is releasing soon on DVD/Blu. Says that the choreography is Spoerli. Anyone want to chime in on Spoerli's take on Swan Lake?

appreciated in advance
-goro-

#2 vrsfanatic

vrsfanatic

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:00 AM

I saw his Swan Lake in Dusseldorf years ago. I enjoyed it then however I remember the 1st act being based upon rehearsal of Swan Lake and a story of love between the leading dancers and the ballet master. The 2nd act was basically Petipa. I do not remember 3rd nor 4th acts. The music was all Tchaikovsky. It was well danced by the members of the Dusseldorf company.

#3 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:37 AM

I remember his Giselle as having a sort of prelude in which you saw the wilis running through the village like groups of ghosts!

#4 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:01 AM

I like the idea of beginning in a rehearsal studio.

Here is a piece on Spoerli, by Horst Koegler, from Danceviewtimes.

http://www.danceview...ll-seasons.html

#5 annamicro

annamicro

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:23 AM

I like the idea of beginning in a rehearsal studio.

Here is a piece on Spoerli, by Horst Koegler, from Danceviewtimes.

http://www.danceview...ll-seasons.html

I saw it two years ago in Zurich and I don't remember that much, but that I didn't like it.
Especially I was not remembering anything about rehearsals, having in my mind a more traditional story. I've checked the program and it really seems to be more or less the usual story.
The synopsis is divided in the usual 4 acts - 1 Park eines Schlosses (Park of a castle), 2 Seeufer im Mondschein (Lakeside in moonlight), 3 Ballsaal im Schloss (Ballroom in the castle), 4 das Ufer des Sees (the shore of the lake)-, but the show is in two parts; all the shows I've seen in Zurich have just an intermission.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):