This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Do ballet dancers need calf implants? and other questions

The third one looks like Jimmy Hoffa from the knees down. I do remember reading once about calf muscles that they actually are exceptionally hard to build up, and while they can be significantly strengthened through exercise they're one of the the few muscle groups where increased strength doesn't correspond to increased muscular size.

From an aesthetic point of view for the male dancer whose lower torso are ruthlessly exposed I suppose they're somewhat harder to exaggerate with the tastefully placed positioning of a pair of rolled socks, that old chestnut(s).

I do remember reading once about calf muscles that they actually are exceptionally hard to build up, and while they can be significantly strengthened through exercise they're one of the the few muscle groups where increased strength doesn't correspond to increased muscular size.

That's useful to know, Simon, thanks.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

(I'm laughing because the "after" pictures are exactly the type of calves I thought perhaps men would want to improve on because of the ugly shape... I'm totally baffled as to why anyone would not prefer the "before" photos!)