the features of each ballet companyRB,ABT,POB,Bolshoi,Kirov...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bolshoi lover

bolshoi lover

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:37 AM

What's the feature of each ballet company?Royal Ballet,ABT,Paris Opera Ballet,Staatsballett Berlin,La Scala,Bolshoi,Kirov,NYCB,San Francisco Ballet...
I especially interested in the difference between Bolshoi and Kirov.I feel Bolshoi and Kirov are so different,but don't know how to describe...So I hope to listen to your opinion.

#2 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:11 AM

What's the feature of each ballet company?Royal Ballet,ABT,Paris Opera Ballet,Staatsballett Berlin,La Scala,Bolshoi,Kirov,NYCB,San Francisco Ballet...
I especially interested in the difference between Bolshoi and Kirov.I feel Bolshoi and Kirov are so different,but don't know how to describe...So I hope to listen to your opinion.

bolshoi lover, that's quite a large question! :wink: If you search through past Ballet Talk threads, you'll probably find answers in many places. Here are a few places to start:

Imperial and Vagonava styles
Bolshoi Style
Royal Ballet style
Kirov/Mariinksy style
Royal Danish Ballet style
NYCB style
La Scala style

You'll also find forums devoted to each of the companies you ask about under the European Ballet Companies and American Ballet Companies headings. You might want to add comments or ask questions on one of those existing threads.

#3 bolshoi lover

bolshoi lover

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:55 PM

Thanks a lot! Sorry that I did not say it earlier.

#4 Mashinka

Mashinka

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:11 AM

The Bolshoi is on a roll whereas the Kirov is on the slide.

#5 richard53dog

richard53dog

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:03 AM

The Bolshoi is on a roll whereas the Kirov is on the slide.

touche!

#6 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,226 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:06 PM

Touche, indeed, but tell us more. :)

#7 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:47 AM

From the perspective of Vladimir Vasiliev:

Ballet Review: What do you think about the current state of ballet, for example, about the Bolshoi Theatre?

Vasiliev: I don't want to judge. After all, I've been practically torn away from the theater for ten years. So long as the school is there, everything will be okay. the theater can fall apart, but as long as the school exists, it will be reborn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):