This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

La Scala Opera Ballet Cancels LA

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ggobob

ggobob

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 03:47 PM

The LA Music Center web site states that the La Scala Opera Ballet will not be performing in July and that tickets should be returned for refunds.

No reason given, but word from Milan is the tour promoters did not get the financial backing they needed. No Roberto Bolle -Dinana Vishneva R&J in California this summer -

Hmmmmm....Just checked the Orange County Performing Arts Center web site and it is still listing June dates for LSOB. Either the word hasn't made it to Costa Mesa or there is an Art Center problem rather than a promoter financing problem.

#2 Cliff

Cliff

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:43 PM

In Chicago La Scala canceled due to a funding problem, but was replaced by Diane Vishneva in a "Beauty in Motion" program.

#3 Giannina

Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:49 AM

The ballet season at Orange County Performing Arts Center is lousy this year as it is; if La Scala cancels here too it'll just add to the misery. Aaaagh!

Giannina

#4 socalgal

socalgal

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:18 PM

I just received a letter from OCPAC that La Scala performances have been canceled. There is no replacement.......
This notification is being sent to all subscribers in the Dance series.

#5 Giannina

Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:54 PM

@#$%&!!
Giannina

I haven't received my notice yet and I have 2 subscriptions. Hmmm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):