This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Soft Landings 101What makes them? Who has them?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 whitelight

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:28 AM

How strange to see Protas brought up here-- I only just a few days ago realized that he was in New York. We both spent a year at Walnut Hill School in Massachusetts-- he was about 14 at the time, I think. I believe that his training was all local (plus summer intensives, I assume) prior to that. The next year he went to Toronto, and apparently spent three years there, then one at SAB.

I ran into him quite by chance a couple evenings ago at Fall For Dance, and I had no idea he was now an apprentice with New York City Ballet. I will add, though, that even when I knew him, he was very pliant and had soft landings. I look forward to seeing him in the ensemble of future City Ballet performances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):