I Keep Getting Logged Off
Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:32 PM
I'm sorry this is happening.
Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:07 AM
Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:41 AM
Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:05 AM
Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:53 PM
Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:31 AM
Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:16 AM
I removed saved passwords from Firefox, and cookies from IE (in Virtual PC on my Mac) and Safari.
In each browser, I relogged in for Ballet Talk, closed the browser, opened BT again, and was logged in. In the same browser window, I brought up BT4D, logged in, and switched to BT. I was still logged into BT. I logged out of each and retried. I logged out of one, and toggled to the other site, and remained logged in.
In a new browser window, I brought up BT4D, and was logged in automatically. I toggled between BT4D and BT, and was still logged in. Logged in and out of one and then both, and remained logged in to the site I hadn't logged out of, and had to log into the site that I logged out of.
For Firefox and Safari, I changed between using a new browser window and new tab. I remained logged in toggling between the sites. I logged in and out, and each time the expected result (auto login where I remained logged in, and not logged in where I had logged out).
I tried my the same login on both sites, and a test login on BT. I got the same (expected) results.
There are two caveats:
1. When the browser is configured not to share cookies/login between browser sessions and tabs, then the expected result is to be challenged each time a new browser window/tab is opened. But toggling back and forth in the same browser/window tab should result in remaining logged in, instead of needing to log in again.
2. If the browser is configured to share cookies/login between browser sessions and tabs, if I log into BT as myself, and then open up a new browser window/tab and log in under a test account, my original session will crash, because the old browser session doesn't recognize the old login.
I've checked the IPB Community Forums and IPS Beyond sites, and all of the documentation points to the change I made, to prefix the cookies on both sites, so that they are distinguished from each other (and all other IPB logins). I know that IPB itself does this, because whenever I was challenged for a new login on BT (before I made the change), I was logged in immediately to IPB Community Forums website and IPBusters without being re-challenged.
I can ask some friends, but to log a bug, there are three standard steps for issues that aren't critical (bringing down the system, security issues, etc.), after checking to see that there isn't already a bug report or an IPB thread that describes the solution or response:
1. Determine if the issue can be replicated always, and under what exact steps and circumstances. (Ex: This only happens on Firefox or IE, it happens across all browsers, etc.)
2. If it can't be replicated always, or we can't identify the steps, there usually needs to be some critical mass who experience the same behavior. (Ex: We can't identify the exact conditions, but 1 in 10 posters across all browsers have followed the following steps [clear cookies and saved passwords], log into one site. Log into the other site. Toggle between sites or open new browser session, be challenged to log in again.)
3. Describe the issue with as much detail as usual to IPB.
I'm going to need help from the people who are experiencing this issue, to clear all of their "invisionzone" cookies and saved passwords (from browser), to re-log into both sites, and to note here what they then experience.
Posted 02 April 2006 - 03:05 PM
Posted 02 April 2006 - 03:30 PM
Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:40 AM
Edited by drval01, 03 April 2006 - 06:43 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases: