This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Has OBT changed??changes at obt

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#16 Watermill

Watermill

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 12:32 PM

I'd rather stick my head in a hornet's nest. Let's just say that a somewhat haughty attitude would emanate from the general direction of the OBT office. There were a couple of years when the School admin was outrageously insensitive toward both students and parents. I am fairly certain those days are blessedly done with.

#17 Estelle

Estelle

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 07:25 AM

I especially liked a little tiny redheaded girl with an enormous leap (french names escape my memory easily).

Perhaps Fanny Fiat (I don't find her so tiny but she's redheaded)?

#18 oldtimer

oldtimer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 08:15 PM

Haydée Gutierrez is greatly missed by many in Oregon. My daughter was very young when Haydee left, she only trained with her for a short time. I will tell you that I hear often how much she wished she had been trained by Haydee. Since Haydee has left OBT the school is not nearly as clean as they used to be.
My daughter misses her combinations that she did with only the arms. Her difficult combinations in reverse.
OBT has not only lost Haydee but so many great teachers from the school since all of the changes. Elena Carter of course, who passed recently. She was Haydee's right hand lady. Also Fred Locke and Kim Smiley.
Excellent teachers. The only one left from that staff is Elise Legire who did not teach all that much. Why OBT has not hired good teachers to replace all that they have lost is very frustrating for the students that were used to such great teachers. So often I hear from my daughter, I wonder where I would be today if I had been trained by Haydee. So sad that a school that was so strong has lost so much.

#19 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:15 PM

Unfortunately, I've had to remove yet another response that violated the official information rules.

The topic of the OBT school is not only off topic to Ballet Talk, but seems to be a magnet for "insider" info.

I'm closing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):