This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2024 Fundraiser

It's time for us to kick-off our 2024 Fundraiser.  Last year, our first as a not-for-profit (but not charitable) corporation, some of the expenses were paid during the set-up.  This year, we need to raise a full year's budget, which is $1500.

We are entirely self-funded, almost all from your contributions, and a small, but appreciated, amount raised from our amazon associates link.  We stay open as long as there we have funds, and we only raise what we need for each year.  We appreciate all amounts, because it takes a village, and not everyone has discretionary income to spare.

We stop asking as soon as we reach our goal.

Currently, there are three payment options:

PayPal

There has been no add in to allow us to add the PayPal widget to our pages, but it is easy to to go to PayPal directly, whether or not you have a PayPal account, or to log into your account and "Send and Request" directly to us from the PayPal account menu or "Send" button  PayPal accepts all major credit cards without an account, and additional payment methods from your own account, if you have one.

There are three options, with a different way to add notes for each.  We would really appreciate it if you'd add your username to the box they provide.  (They seem to have removed the obscure and pesky link to add comments, yay!)

1. With or without a PayPal Account, please click to our donation widget.  (It's generated by PayPal.)  

https://www.paypal.com/biz/fund?id=DNF6RNPXS3T6A

You can choose any amount by choosing "Other."  It now displays the option to use your account or pay by credit card from the first screen.  Here is a screenshot:
Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 11.37.46 AM.png

The widget gives an option to cover the fees, and the amount is calculated automatically if you check the box, and while very much appreciated, the default is off by default by choice.

Please add your username to the "Add a note to your donation" box.

2. With a PayPal account only:

• Use our PayPal Me link, where, after entering an amount, it will prompt you to sign into PayPal:
  • Sign-into your PayPal account and 
    • 1. Click  "Send and Request" from the top menu (which defaults to "Send") or the "Send" button in the sidebar.
    • 2. Enter @ballettalk and select Ballet Talk Association"
    • Please add your username to the "What is this for?" box.

Checks:

If you'd like to send a check, which will be deposited directly  into our business bank account, please make it payable to:

Ballet Talk Association

Please mail your check to:

Ballet Talk Association

PO Box 9903

Seattle, WA 98109

Zelle:

Sadly, our corporate bank account credit union will not support Zelle in the business space, and the only option for Zelle is to send it to me, and I write checks and deposit them to our corporate account. 

The email address to use is:

ballet.talk.association@gmail.com

I also learned last year that neither the donors nor the comments come through to me, only a generic You Got Cash like entry on my statement. 

If you would send me a PM an let me know if you've made a contribution through Zelle, I'd really appreciate it.  Otherwise, I'll keep begging further down in this thread.

On 5/5/2024 at 3:23 PM, Helene said:

We are entirely self-funded, almost all from your contributions, and a small, but appreciated, amount raised from our amazon associates link.

Do purchases other than books raise funds if the Ballet Alert link is used? I've bought gadgets and clothing and other miscellany from Amazon. It didn't occur to me that items not related to the BA Board discussion could used to benefit the Board. I would put a shortcut to the link on my phone for easy access.

Thanks.

I would like to thank members who have donated to our fundraiser for their generosity to help us keep the site up and healthy for the next year.  And we thank you for your kind words about the site.

A visit to the post office explained the delay in tracking the checks through Informed Delivery, and all that we've receive so far have been deposited.

We now have a little over 25% left to reach our goal.