This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New Ballet Treasure Trove

Firstly, I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year, and I hope that everyone is coping as well as possible with the current Coronavirus pandemic.  Good health and happiness to everyone this year and I hope we can all enjoy the beautiful art form of ballet in whatever way we can.

In this spirit, I would like to draw your attention to a new video channel on YT by user Mezentseva Fan.  This user has uploaded many videos, including a number of TWELVE HOUR videos, featuring some of the most famous roles of a number of illustrious Mariinsky and Bolshoi ballerinas - Obraztsova, Somova, Tereshkina, Stepanova, Zakharova, Smirnova,  Novkova and most recently, Uliana Lopatkina!  They are absolutely wonderful!  I am not sure whether BA can support a link to a 12 hour video, so I will post the link to a performance of Swan Lake by beautiful Altynai Asylmuratova and her husband Konstantin Zaklinsky, so that you can find the channel (if you haven't already!).  If you click the play button in the middle, and then click on  watch on YouTube at the bottom right, you will then be able to access the channel on YouTube.  Anyway, I hope you will all enjoy it!  

Edited by MadameP