This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

California Ballet Company 2020-21

Or not. 

Anybody familiar with the scene there? Their Instagram was posted to last back in Mid-March with a dancer profile for Sona Jaeger. And their website seems like it hasn't changed at all since---well, maybe since the OP of this thread. I don't think they even attempted more than one online alternative show, and I think that was to replace the last Beer and Ballet which was so long ago now.

Chime in, locals, if you follow this company or its staff.

17 minutes ago, ClaraFan said:

Or not. 

Anybody familiar with the scene there? Their Instagram was posted to last back in Mid-March with a dancer profile for Sona Jaeger. And their website seems like it hasn't changed at all since---well, maybe since the OP of this thread. I don't think they even attempted more than one online alternative show, and I think that was to replace the last Beer and Ballet which was so long ago now.

Chime in, locals, if you follow this company or its staff.

City Ballet of San Diego I'm familiar with, but I haven't seen anything of this new company. But then maintaining a company in the midst of a pandemic has its drawbacks - like no audiences allowed. But...live performances are starting up again. City Ballet has one this Sunday, May 23rd (not in their usual performance space though).

Edited by pherank

Nothing official, but last I checked, a few days ago, the company blanked their website, save for an email I wasn't familiar with. Also, a couple dancers of Cal Bal that I follow on Instagram were posting about a new company or project, which involves some (now former) California Ballet dancers. 

Ballet Collective SD

•pandemic relief dance project program
•for professionals and trainees in SD
•Chapter V: Angels Among Us out now!

(off of their Instagram )