This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT 2020 Roster in Review

Eric Tamm has rejoined the corps! As I was looking over the roster, I thought his photo was another one of their weird "typos", but his bio clearly states that he rejoined the company as of this year. He was always one of my favorites, so I look forward to seeing him again at the Met. It'll be interesting to see what opportunities he gets; he was being cast in soloist parts (and a principal role or two) when he left, but the male soloist roster is now chocked full, although a handful of those men are doing mainly principal roles.

https://www.abt.org/people/eric-tamm/?type=performer

It's very interesting how ABT has allowed people like Tamm and Ribagorda to return to the corps after many years.   I think if Tamm had stayed at ABT, he would most certainly have been a soloist by now.

Edited by abatt

2 hours ago, abatt said:

It's very interesting how ABT has allowed people like Tamm and Ribagorda to return to the corps after many years.   I think if Tamm had stayed at ABT, he would most certainly have been a soloist by now.

I would think that ABT would be happy for outstanding corps dancers to return, especially if they are still dancing well and left the company on good terms.  While it was a soloist position, Sascha Radetsky also left and returned.  I was very pleased when Ribagorda and Radetsky returned, and equally pleased to see Tamm return to ABT.

Edited by NinaFan

Faux Pas, I too wondered what Tidwell is doing these days. I did a quick google search and found he guested as Russian in the Nutcracker of Salisbury Ballet this past December in North Carolina. So he is still dancing at at least occasionally. But it does seem like he is not dancing much. Such an extraordinary talent. I remember picking him out of a corps of men at ABT as someone to watch back in the early aughts.