This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Viktorina Kapitonova

I guess as new Swiss member I should introduce my favourite dancer in the company ATM (and rising star) Viktorina Kapitonova. She was brought to Zürich from Stanislavsky Theatre by Heinz Spörli and danced his Swan Lake three seasons ago.

Newly found again by Christian Spuck at Zürich, she has danced Giselle with Roberto Bolle (totally emotional, fantastic feet, and tears) and Friedemann Vogel ( he was taller and more 'cold', but her emotional portrayal made him look a cold heartless beast )

Spuck also created a full length ballet for her 'Anna Karenina' this season. Mixed reviews of the piece, and she started off a bit cold in the romantic parts with Vronsky, but after a few performances it was a triumph.

Anna Karenina Trailer:

Giselle curtain calls with Bolle (just to see the emotion even here)

As a huge fan of Bolle she also regularly dances in his Roberto Bolle & Friends galas, one to watch...

Thanks for posting. The images of Spuck's Anna Karenina make it look as if it bears some resemblance to Ratmansky's...

I have not yet seen Ratmansky's Anna, but the style is very much Christian Spuck, but he changed his dancing style a bit to suit Kapitonova's classical training.

Ratmansky is coming to reconstruct Swan Lake next season. I very much hope that Ms Kapitonova will be the dancer that he creates it on.

I guess as new Swiss member I should introduce my favourite dancer in the company ATM (and rising star) Viktorina Kapitonova. She was brought to Zürich from Stanislavsky Theatre by Heinz Spörli and danced his Swan Lake three seasons ago.

Newly found again by Christian Spuck at Zürich, she has danced Giselle with Roberto Bolle (totally emotional, fantastic feet, and tears) and Friedemann Vogel ( he was taller and more 'cold', but her emotional portrayal made him look a cold heartless beast )

Spuck also created a full length ballet for her 'Anna Karenina' this season. Mixed reviews of the piece, and she started off a bit cold in the romantic parts with Vronsky, but after a few performances it was a triumph.

Anna Karenina Trailer:

Giselle curtain calls with Bolle (just to see the emotion even here)

As a huge fan of Bolle she also regularly dances in his Roberto Bolle & Friends galas, one to watch...

Welcome to Ballet Alert!, Stephan, and thank you for these links. I look forward to your posts about Ballett Zurich and the other European companies that you see. I love the tutus in this Giselle production!