This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Fairy Stories -- New Family Subscriptions

This kind of marketing seems to have worked quite well for them -- I can understand why they would want to keep working this angle. I do like that they've included a student work on the series. I wonder, though, what would happen in a year when the program length works aren't necessarily fairy stories. Romeo and Swan Lake are coming back next year -- I don't know that they are necessarily candidates for a family series.

There's a fascinating interview by Marta Zekan on KING-FM's Arts Channel with Bruce Wells, who speaks about his hour-long "Snow White", which has the final two performances this Sunday, 25 March (at noon and 3:30pm):

http://www.king.org/pages/12437671.php

He talks about the importance for dancers-in-training to experience having roles being choreographed on them and being coached in them, his choreographic approach, and about the nine-year old program.

The music is to a lovely score by Jules Massenet.

The performances are dedicated to the late scenic artist Edith Whitsett, who did the scenic design for this production, her last before she died of cancer.

I used to listen to Miss Marta's week-end classical music program for children (as an adult).