This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New member checking in

I just wanted to say Hello and how happy I am to have discovered this board. I am strictly a fan, with no technical background. I just enjoy going to the ballet and reading about what's on the mind of everyone else.

Welcome, Needlepoints! I recently became a Member myself. I know that you will enjoy this very informative, professionally maintained Site. I wish you many hours of happy reading and growing in the knowledge of this wonderful art form. So glad you enjoy going to and learning about the ballet.

I am strictly a fan, with no technical background. I just enjoy going to the ballet and reading about what's on the mind of everyone else.
Needlepoints, I'm strictly a fan, too. What I enjoyed from the beginning about Ballet Alert (at that time, Ballet Talk) was that it is a place for fans like us who manage to mix quite comfortably with ballet experts. I like to think of this in terms of Virginia Woolf's characterization of the "Common Reader," someone who ...
reads for his own pleasure rather than to impart knowledge or correct the opinions of others. Above all, he is guided by an instinct to create for himself, out of whatever odds and ends he can come by, some kind of whole ....

t may be worth while to write down a few of the ideas and opinions which, insignificant in themselves, yet contribute to so mighty a result.

We need experts and we need fans. Welcome to the ongoing discussion.