This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

DVD appears to be discontinued! I just checked my pre-order at Amazon - the order still reads delivery date October 13; however, checking the DVD - it reads "This product discontinued by manufacturer." Now this is nuts - Amazon didn't notify me. I'll just check other dealers. Does anyone have any information about this?

I'm sorry to say that this kind of thing sometimes happens with VAI releases and the Hardy Classic DVDs they distribute. The good news is that the DVD is still listed on the VAI site and can be purchased there, albeit for a higher price. I wouldn't be at all suprised if the DVD reappeared on Amazon under a different product number, at which point you'll be able to buy it, but you'll no longer get the pre-order discount you should have been entitled to. It's happened to me before. :dry:

This is a wonderful DVD. I knew very little about "Marco Spada," and this ballet is a joy (except for the very end when Marco dies - I didn't see that one coming!).

The dancing is superb and energetic, with a lot of unusual (to me, anyway) combinations in the variations. Rudi and Ghislaine were exquisite. It's obvious Rudi had a great time, thoroughly enjoying himself dancing this role; and he danced a lot - to a very enthusiastic and appreciative Rome audience.

There are an awful lot of long range camera shots, presumably because so many dancers were on stage 80% of the time! Most of the costumes were beautiful. Pierre Lacotte shares wonderful memories about creating this ballet with Rudi. It is a treat to have a different ballet on film.