This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

No more "Front Row"

After not being updated to start this season, the Front Row section on nycballet.com has been removed. At the start of this season, it said it would start on May 6. But that date came and went and it was never updated with the first week of the season's pictures. I guess they decided not to continue. Shame. It was nice to see photos of the season.

I noticed this section was gone too. It's kind of a bummer. It seemed like they could have done more with it than they did (more updates and photos) but to have it gone completely is too bad. It was nice to have another place to keep tabs on the current season. At least they're doing more with Kristin Sloan's videos...I think her videos are fantastic and they could potentially be a great marketing tool.

I miss the weekly photos, too, but on the other hand, the thumbnails which illustrate the ballets and never used to be expandable, now are. I don't think it's an even trade, but add in Sloan's videos, and it's a big net gain.