This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT Met Season Dress Rehearsals

This is the first time I've been eligible to attend a dress rehearsal at the Met. I made my reservation online. It doesn't appear that there are assigned seats except for selecting the area - I asked for Orchestra. My confirmation email said to arrive at least 15 minutes early as there would be no late seating. Are these rehearsals heavily attended? If there aren't assigned seats, how early would you suggest queuing up for a good seat? Any advice from those of you that have attended in the past would be greatly appreciated!

This is the first time I've been eligible to attend a dress rehearsal at the Met. I made my reservation online. It doesn't appear that there are assigned seats except for selecting the area - I asked for Orchestra. My confirmation email said to arrive at least 15 minutes early as there would be no late seating. Are these rehearsals heavily attended? If there aren't assigned seats, how early would you suggest queuing up for a good seat? Any advice from those of you that have attended in the past would be greatly appreciated!

Confirmed seats in the area you have chosen will be mailed to you. As the time gets closer and the tickets haven't arrived---the best thing to do is to call the Dancer's Circle office.

The first half or so of the orchestra is kept empty, so you won't be very close. You may even be seated in the Grand Tier.

It is unlikely that you will be able to hear the coaches' corrections (after the conclusion of the run-through) very well if at all.