This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Irina Dvorovenko and Maxim Beloserkovsky

OKOK

I am going to see Irina Dvorovenko and Maxim Beloserkovsky in The Merry Widow on July 5. It will be my first time at the ballet in New York, and I am very much looking forward to it. Does anyone have suggestions of things in particular I should watch for or take note of, especially with these dancers? Thanks in advance.

They seem to partner well and are usually paired up. My only suggestion is have opera glasses because the MetOpera House is large and even the front seats of all the upper sections is quite far and it's hard to see detail, facial expressions and so on. Of course you can lose the big picture with glasses so you'll be going back and forth and then want to see the whole thing again. Enjoy.

They seem to partner well and are usually paired up. My only suggestion is have opera glasses because the MetOpera House is large and even the front seats of all the upper sections is quite far and it's hard to see detail, facial expressions and so on. Of course you can lose the big picture with glasses so you'll be going back and forth and then want to see the whole thing again. Enjoy.

I agree that the Met Opera House is huge and the center sections, even first row, are too far from the stage to see the faces of the dancers. My solution is to get seats in the side Parterre (box seats). Even though you lose a fraction of the stage, you don't lose very much, and you're really up close enough to see the facial expressions and the mime work. I like boxes 3, 4, 5, and 6 best. And relatively speaking, the seats are reasonably priced. You pay at least twice as much for center parterre and you're too far away to enjoy it. One caution, however: if you get side Parterre seats, ask for first row only. IMHO, you can't see well from the second or third row in those boxes.

Angelica

I agree that the Met Opera House is huge and the center sections, even first row, are too far from the stage to see the faces of the dancers. My solution is to get seats in the side Parterre (box seats). Even though you lose a fraction of the stage, you don't lose very much, and you're really up close enough to see the facial expressions and the mime work. I like boxes 3, 4, 5, and 6 best. And relatively speaking, the seats are reasonably priced. You pay at least twice as much for center parterre and you're too far away to enjoy it. One caution, however: if you get side Parterre seats, ask for first row only. IMHO, you can't see well from the second or third row in those boxes.

Angelica

I usually sit in side parterre, too. Seats 1,2 or 3 only - Angelica is correct, you can't see well from any other seats. Sometimes I sit in side grand tier boxes where there are 4 seats in the first row - seats 1-4 are fine, 2&3 are best.