This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Royal Ballet/Sir Peter Wright's "Nutcracker".

I just wanted to announce that after some researching and few dissapointments, i'm finally highly satisfied after watching my newly aquired DVD of Wright's 1985 production for the RB, with the Dowell/Collier duo on it. This is the version that i've been looking for-(exactly the same as the one Mme. Alonso after Fedorova staged in Havana, minus the Snow Queen PDD :dry: )...but still, everything else is there: the old familiar WHOLE-(finally!)-SPF PDD, the Three Ivans/Trepak-(Russian Dance), the Odalisque and her two companions-(Arabian Dance) and the like...

Beautiful :lol:

any other fans of this production...?

I like the overall staging of this with one reservation: the costumes in Act II. I expect an explosion of color in the Land of the Sweets, but there was a stage full of ivory. Ivory!!! :)

I was delighted to see Julie Rose in this, because not long before I saw the video, the RB had visited NYC, where she impressed me in roles like Prologue fairies. After the release of the Nut video, I never heard about her again. Whatever became of her?

I like the overall staging of this with one reservation: the costumes in Act II. I expect an explosion of color in the Land of the Sweets, but there was a stage full of ivory. Ivory!!! :)

At first i was kind of shocked too, but later i realized that the whole thing look as a big white cake with porcelain figurines on it...(intentionally?)