This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ballo della Regina

In University of California, Berkley website, for the 2007-08 season, ABT will present Ballo de Regina, Tharp's Baker Dozen and a new ballet by B Millipied of NYCB in November 2007. I hope they will have M Ashley to stage and coach Ballo.I guess G Murphy would be in the 1st cast but could not think of anyone else doing the role.

Here's the -->link.

Gillian is an obvious choice. Yes, Dale, she can do anything fast and clean. She may be ABT's best counterpart to Merrill Ashley in the past 20 years or so.

Other possibilities among the principals would be Paloma Herrera (whom I think is much more successful in Balanchine than in 19th century works) and Xiomara Reyes, who could be paired with Herman Cornejo in this.

I'd love to see what Sarah Lane could do here. You think we'd be so lucky?

Here's the -->link.

Gillian is an obvious choice. Yes, Dale, she can do anything fast and clean. She may be ABT's best counterpart to Merrill Ashley in the past 20 years or so.

Other possibilities among the principals would be Paloma Herrera (who I think is much more successful in Balanchine than in 19th century works) and Xiomara Reyes, who could be paired with Herman Cornejo in this.

I'd love to see what Sarah Lane could do here. You think we'd be so lucky?

Here's another vote for Lane. She brought a wonderful freshness and joy to the Theme I saw her do (it was not flawless but clearly she has the technique for it). It would be fun to she take on Ballo and be coached by Ashley.