This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New Corps Members

Congratulations to the newest members of NYCB!

Also, I spotted (apprentice?) Erica Pereira in the corps of Raymonda last night dancing with such lovely freshness and delicate strength.

sz i think you are mistaken about apprentice Erica Pereira she was in Evenfall not Raymonda she looked wonderful and even had a small part with Mr Orza. Congratulations to the newest members of NYCB!

BSS

Among the newer corps members who danced in the above mentioned performance of Raymonda, I noted Mary Elizabeth Sell, who joined the corps just last fall. She danced with a radiant grace and a beautiful airy jump that was particularly suited to this chaming ballet. I have enjoyed her quiet progress this season as she develops into an elegant and strong presence on stage. Since I have not seen it noted on any of the older threads, belated congratulations to her and the three young men who also joined the company roster last fall; Devin Alberta, Ralph Ippolito, and Andrew Scordato.

It has been a pleasure to watch all of these young dancers during their first season as full corps members of NYCB. Congratulations to all of them, even if a bit belated.

Also, I spotted (apprentice?) Erica Pereira in the corps of Raymonda last night dancing with such lovely freshness and delicate strength.

sz i think you are mistaken about apprentice Erica Pereira she was in Evenfall not Raymonda she looked wonderful and even had a small part with Mr Orza. Congratulations to the newest members of NYCB!

BSS

I didn't stay for Evenfall... and of the last few Raymonda performances, I hadn't seen the same eight corps girls twice in a row. As Amanda_nyc wrote a few days ago, the corps of Raymonda has not been exactly what was listed in the programs. I may have been mistaken about Pereira because I had a hard time taking my eyes off of the gorgeously strong Scheller.

I haven't seen her on stage that I recall lately, and her name is still printed on the roster, but the new Los Angeles Ballet lists Melissa Barak for its Concerto Barocco cast (2nd violin, it looks like). ...

NYCB has updated its dancers list. Melissa Barak is no longer on it. Nor are Miranda Weese (as we all knew) and Edwaard Liang (as I didn't know). Not only a loss of three dancers, but of two choregraphers. Does anyone know where Mr. Liang is going?

Not only a loss of three dancers, but of two choregraphers.
Three, if you include Wheeldon's upcoming departure.

Eddie Liang was supposed to dance Demetrius at Kennedy Ctr this week, but has been replaced by Amar Ramasar, who in turn is replaced by Tyler Angle. You can see the changes here.