This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

He works for the PNB and the Balanchine Foundation

There's an article in the Seattle Post Intelligencer about a man who is a singer-conductor-dance notation translator-educator....

However, this is not all Fullington does. He is assistant to Pacific Northwest Ballet's artistic director Peter Boal and education programs manager there, in charge of adult audience education, supervising outreach programs and the children in "Nutcracker."

Always interested in ballet and its history, Fullington taught himself the early Stepanov notation of ballets, and began reconstructing the original choreography of classical ballets, first with his colleague, ex-PNB principal dancer Manard Stewart, and then on his own. Together they worked on reconstructing Petipa choreography for the Bolshoi Ballet.

Most recently, Fullington has been several times to Munich to restage part of "Le Corsair" for Bavarian State Ballet....... "I set 25 separate dances on the company, I've never before done it on that scale. It was wonderful, and no one mentioned that I wasn't a dancer."

PLUS he's been selected by the Balanchine Foundation:

He recently was appointed by the George Balanchine Trust as principal researcher for the foundation's "Popular Balanchine" Project.

Here's the link: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/printer2/ind...317_clas20.html

Doug posts here as well, particularly on issues of dance history.

By the way, you're right and the article is slightly off; "Popular Balanchine" would be a project of the Balanchine Foundation, not the Balanchine Trust.

They are separate entities. The Trust handles issues of performance and licensing. The Foundation does research work.