This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Beaumont's 'Supplement to Complete book of ballets'

I HAVE CORRECTED AN EARLIER TYPO OF MINE - WHICH FIRST SAID THE SUPPLEMENTS INCLUDED BALLETS 'NOW' INCLUDED IN 'COMPLETE BOOK' - WHAT I THOUGHT I WAS SAYING WAS 'NOT' INCLUDED - THE SUPPLEMENTS COVER WORKS N-O-T IN THE COMPLETE BOOK. DUHHHHHH.

after COMPLETE BOOK OF BALLETS beaumont published the following supplements.

each catches up w/ the ballets not included in COMPLETE BOOK, and then in repertory.

Beaumont, Cyril W. (Cyril William), 1891-1976.

Title : Supplement to Complete book of ballets.

Imprint : London, C. W. Beaumont, 1942.

Description : 208 p. illus., ports. 23 cm. Beaumont, Cyril W. (Cyril William), 1891-1976.

Title : Ballets of today; being a second supplement to the Complete book of ballets.

Imprint : London, Putman, 1954.

Description : x, 250 p. illus., ports. 23 cm.

Notes : A supplement to both the London edition, 1937, and the American edition, 1938, including a "Corrigenda" section at end with page references to each edition.

Title : Ballets past & present; being a third supplement to the Complete book of ballets.

Imprint : London, Putnam, 1955.

Description : x, 259 p. illus., ports. 23 cm.

My copy was reprinted in September 1952. It falls into two parts: ballets of the 19th century and ballets of the 20th century from 1937-1941. The first part contains three ballets by Didelot and a section devoted to Bournonville. The second part has ballets by Fokine, Massine, de Valois, Jooss, Osvalds Lemanis, Lifar, Ashton, Catherine Littlefield, Tudor, Christensen, Andree Howard, Lichine, Loring, and Frank Staff. The final section of part two is devoted to Soviet ballets of this era.