This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Fave Dancer. Ballet You Want to see Him/Her in?

If you had your way, what ballet would you want to see your favorite dancer in? :P:) Or any dancer!!!!!! :beg:

My Picks:

Acosta- La Bayadere, Manon, Tetley's "Rite of Spring", Spartacus, and Giselle.

Herman Cornejo- as Ali and Conrad in Corsaire. Also: Albrecht, Basilio, and just about any Principal Role ABT wants to put him in!!!!!!

Marcelo Gomes- Spartacus, Miss Julie, and Manon.

:yahoo::):beg::yahoo::P:D:yahoo:

Michele Wiles as the Lilac Fairy :) oh, and as Sugarplum. That would be beautiful.

Maria Bystrova in just about any soloist part in the classical repertoire. :)

Elizabeth Gaither as Giselle (I know Washington Ballet doesn't do Giselle, but I can dream :yahoo: ).

I would love to see Part do the enchanted princess in Fokine's Firebird. That costume is just so lovely, and the music she dances to is even better. And I would love to see her do it with Murphy's Firebird.

Hallberg as Apollo.

Gomes as anything!

This is one of those good topics that somehow got lost. (I checked and note that a similar thread was on the Board in 2001-02. But -- hey! -- times pass, tastes change, and dancer wish-lists need updating.

Question: fandeballet, what about Gomes made you think of Spartacus? Seems like a great idea, but I don't quite know why.

I agree with the wish for Gillian Murphy and Firebird -- her intensity, large scale and stage persona seem perfect for this glamourous other-worldly creature. But in the (IMO) far more dramatic and beautiful Balanchine version, please.

Just saw Nicolaj Hubbe in a largely- student production of Giselle. He came to the NYCB after we moved away from NYC, so I've not seen him on stage (just a few videos) and don't know much about his rep. But even in those humble (and scaled down) circumstances, he was a lovely, elegant dancer, a moving actor, and an attentive and considerate partner. The smooth flow of step and gesture (to the fingertips and toes) and the ballon reminded me of Mikhail Baryshnikov in similar roles. I'd love to see him do Albrecht with a world-class Giselle -- as well as Siegfried, Sylphides (I usually detest the male in this), Chaconne, Leaves are Fading, Liebeslider Walzer.

I will add my adoration for Gomes as anything!!! His technical abilities are dazzling but it's his understanding of the dramatic intent of every character he dances that really moves me. He was so fabulous in Swan Lake.

Gomes as Spartacus or Desire.

Putrov as Desire or Oberon or Acteon.

Sylve as The Firebird. (just to see her back)

Emmanuel Thibault as James.

Cornejo as Basil. (Just to see how high he could really jump)

Part as the Dieing Swan. (Such long arms)

Johan Kobborg and Alessandra Ferri in Le Spectre de la Rose. (ageless beauty dreaming of............_______)

Maria Alexandrova in Firebird, Raymonda, Scheherazade and Etudes. (would love to see this dancer paired with Carlos Acosta in something)

Caroline Cavallo and Thomas Lund in The Dream

Yuliana Lopatkina and Igor Kolb in A Month in the Country

Laetitia Pujol in La Fille Mal Gardee and The Two Pigeons

Emmanuel Thibault as the blue boy in Les Patineurs, In just about anything by Bournonville and with Pujol in Ashton's Rhapsody.

Not sure if she will return to the stage, but would love to see Nina Ananiashvili dance Ashton's Chloe and Scenes de Ballet.