This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Winter Subscription Season Brochure

Got this in the mail today. A very stunning picture of Janie Taylor on the cover, dressed in the La Sonambula costume and with THAT AMAZING HAIR! She looks weightless and lovely. The back cover picture has Saskia Beskow and Likolani Brown posed on a balcony in what looks like Antique Epigraphs costumes. Not as stunning as the Janie picture but still quite nice.

Oh, I've been looking forward to Janie's Sleepwalker! She has a perfect mix of qualities: innocence, untamability and otherworldliness.

Sounds like a description of Allegra Kent!!! Is Taylor anything like Kent was/is?

One of the events at the Symphony Space wall-to-wall Balanchine event was a tape of Allegra coaching Janie. I remember thinking at the time what an uncanny resemblance there was between them; they almost looked like they were mother and daughter. It was not only their physical types that were similar, but Janie's pliancy really brought back memories of Allegra. Janie's Sleepwalker would indeed be something to see.

Carbro, I love your description of Janie Taylor. She has so many qualities that would not seem to integrate but somehow with her they are meshed into one of the most fascinating dance personalities I have ever encountered.

But, SONNAMBULA isn't in the rep for this Winter, at least not on the website. Or has it been added?

I wish the company would put their brochures online as a PDF file.

It would really be a gift to those of us living outside of New York - and could be a good marketing device for them as well, since people could print out the brochure on their own without waiting for one to be sent to them through the mail.

Yay! :hyper: My brochure arrived today. :dry: Dramatic setting for the cover photos is the Manhattan Surrogate's Court, but I before I saw the credit, I was guessing somewhere in Europe.

The list of dancers does not reflect any changes since closing day of the Spring Season.