This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

NYCB arrivals..

Thanks very much, PetipaFan! You can be sure plenty of readers will have their eye on these two young dancers. We wish them all the best on the start of what we hope will be long, fullfilling careers.

I'm glad you've joined. You might want to give a us brief (or maybe not so brief, but I don't sense that's your style :blush:) introduction to yourself. Please visit the Welcome Page and say hello :P .

Several new names have appeared in the roster at the NYC Ballet website...

Jenelle Manzi, Troy Schumacher, Gretchen Smith, and Giovanni Villalobos.

Thanks, PetipaFan. I'm pretty sure Villalobos and Schumacher actually joined before the Winter Season began, having served as apprentices all last year. Manzi and Smith are part of this year's crop.

Jenelle Manzi is definitely one to watch. I had the pleasure of seeing her perform in the Student Workshop last year (I believe she was partnered by Max van der Sterre who is currently an apprentice and another dancer with tremendous potential) and she took my breath away. I was shocked that she wasn't invited to become an apprentice sooner but am happy to now see her officially listed in the corps and look forward to seeing more of her and the other new dancers.