This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Galina Mezentseva

It's strange to me that she's not mentioned as much as other dancers of her age group.

I was fortunate enough to have had her as a Guest Teacher several times while I was a student and she was just amazing.

I've also seen her perform, and while I do not feel she in under rated (many know how amazing she is), I feel as though she is under appreciated.

I've had the pleasure of studying under her several times as well as attending her peformances.

Personally, I see her as the epitome of CLASSICAL ballet.

When you look at dancers today and compare to GM, I don't really know how to describe the difference...it's somewhat along the lines of 'trying too hard.'

There is simple elegance and beauty in her dancing and lines.

I also do not understand how someone can say 'brittle' or 'icy' about her, I have yet to see that quality.

As for what she is doing these days, it is to my understanding that she is currently residing in Georgia.

In 2003 she was a Guest Teacher at the Ballet Masters of Europe Summer Intensive hosted by the Rio Grande Valley Ballet in McAllen, Texas.

She also performed "Dying Swan" at the final performance that year as well.

Edited by MissChristine