This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Laurent Hilaire

Volkmar

Some days ago I saw Laurent Hilaire as Solar in the Bajadere-DVD, which fascinated me very much. So I would like to know more about Mr. Hilaire. Maybe, someone can help me?

With a lot of greetings from Austria, Volkmar

Hi Volkmar,

Hilaire makes many comments on Bayadere and how he approached it on the "companion piece" to the POB Bayadere DVD, the one called "Dancer's Dream - Bayadere".

I've seen two of these POB production documentaries, this one and the one for Raymonda. I've found them fascinating explanations of the details that went into putting the productions together.

I haven't seen the Sleeping Beauty one yet, but I'm looking forward to that one

Richard

I have all of the "making of" Nureyev full lengths at POB and I really enjoy them. Raymonda is my favorite - and Hilaire is featured on it as well AND it's really the only one in the series that has a lot of Nureyev footage - in rehearsals, interviews, etc.

I just aqquired the POB Nutcracker. Wow, an interesting version by Nureyev, I don't love it, but to see a young Hilaire and Elizabeth Maurin dancing up a storm is quite something. To say the least - THEY ARE AMAZING IN IT! :wink:

Volkmar, there is a page about Laurent Hilaire on my (terribly outdated, unfortunately) web site at:

http://www.cmi.univ-mrs.fr/~esouche/dance/Hilaire.html

He's been a principal dancer with the Paris Opera Ballet since 1985. Nowadays he unfortunately is less and less active as a dancer, but is more involved in staging some works and coaching younger dancers.

I recall an interview with him, published in Dance View magazine, but I guess this is not available online...?