This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Robert Tewsley

The printed roster in the brochure is usually accurate for the season to come. Since Tewsley is still dancing with the Company in California, he would continue to be listed on the website as a Company member until the current season ends, which would be at the end of the LA tour. I believe City Ballet considers its single repertory performance in November, just prior to NUTCRACKER, as being the beginning of a new season.

It's too bad Tewsley's tenure at NYCB has been so plagued by injury. His extraordinary performance with Wendy in Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto #2 is high on my list of all-time memorable ballet performances, and his personal success in MUSAGETE evoked the kind of audience reaction that individual dancers at NYCB seldom receive.

He's no longer listed on the website (I just checked).

Once regular performances begin on Friday, anyone at the performance can ask the volunteers who staff the Information table about Tewsley or other dancers. If they don't know the answer off-hand, they'll write it down and follow-up so they have the answer next time.

They're a less formal channel than the Press Office, but always a good source for official company information (i.e., not gossip). We're briefed at the beginning of each season so we can best answer any audience members' questions.

-amanda