This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Oregon Dancers trained by Haydee

oldtimer

How are these three dancers doing in NY. I have not seen any articles in the Oregonian about them in a long, long time. I would love information.

Also, has Haydee trained anymore NY scholarship students in Florida? The Oregonian never has articles about OBT school of dance like they used to when Haydee was the director of the school. Is this because the school has no talent, or are they lacking good training?

Hi, oldtimer. Could you give us the full names of the dancers?

As for OBT school -- it's a shame the Oregonian doesn't write about which students get into which companies. Otherwise, it's hard to trace from the company end. Anyone have any news about recent OBT grads?

Well as a dancer who danced with Angela, Ellen and Austin at OBT, I can't tell you much. But I do know that Angela is the cover girl on the Discount Dance supply website/catalog for 2005 and is a corps de ballet member with American Ballet Theatre. She is also featured in the American Ballet Theatre Calender for 2005. Ellen is a Corps member with New York City Ballet and is also featured in the Discount dance supply catalog. I haven't heard anything about Austin. As for other members of that generation, myself along with 3 other School of OBT trained people went on to the University of Arizona's dance dept. One of us is now dancing with Lines dance Company in San Francisco, and one is dancing for City Ballet of San Diego. I am dancing with Sierra Nevada Ballet in Reno. The other girl is still at U of A. I know another couple of our friends are in Denver dancing with a company there.

As for Haydee, I haven't heard much about her either except for the fact that shes teaching in Tampa Bay again with all of the old people from the summer programs; Mark Spivak, Jose Molina, Margarita, and even Stephanie Crank is down there with her as well. Thats all I know. Hope I helped your curiosity a little!

How are these three dancers doing in NY.  I have not seen any articles in the Oregonian about them in a long, long time.  I would love information.

Also, has Haydee trained anymore NY scholarship students in Florida?  The Oregonian never has articles about OBT school of dance like they used to when Haydee was the director of the school.  Is this because the school has no talent, or are they lacking good training?

Austin Laurent is the other dancer you must be thinking of. He became a NYCB company member in 2003. Also from that same generation is Jessica Wyatt who was a Joffrey company member. More recent Ms. Gutierrez trained dancers moving into the professional ranks are Amanda Weingarten apprentice MCB, Marika Anderson, apprentice NYCB and Leann Underwood, OBT company.

Haydee just moved into the new studios built for her at the new Patel Conservatory at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center. URL=http://www.patelconservatory.org/dance/cbtp.htm]http://www.patelconservatory.org/dance/cbtp.htm[/url]

She is still one of the top teachers in the U.S., with a professional placement percentage that is among the highest.