This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Rebecca Krohn

In his season summation, Michael writes about one of my favorite corps girls, Rebecca Krohn. In reading the messages here at Ballet Talk, it seems that others have also been noticing this lovely dancer. Having seen her in the "back row" for a while, I was first taken with her in Martins' BURLESKE (a misunderstood ballet, to my mind...) The costumes for this ballet were some of the most attractive I've seen, and Rebecca in her purple dress was especially fetching. I began to watch for her more closely in other ballets and I liked her lyricism, her sense of self-containment...and her extension. She has a great face, one that can register romance, austerity, charm or humour. When she was cast as the Queen opposite Wendy in CAGE, I wasn't sure she could hold her own. Wrong! She brought a wonderfully predatory gleam to the part. I look forward to seeing her get more opportunities.

Did anyone notice her in CENTER STAGE? It took us a couple viewings before we noticed her "scene"...priceless!

The corps is loaded with interesting dancers of both sexes and it is not always easy to try to keep track of them all while also trying to watch the ballet itself and the principals. I guess that's one reason why I go so often...trying to take it all in.

I am not often moved to respond to what I read in Ballet Talk, but after reading oberon, I too want to applaud Ms. Krohn and her innate lyricism. Her fairy variation in Sleeping Beauty was exquisite. I look forward to seeing more of her in the spring season. I also adored Glenn Keenan in everything in which she appeared no matter how big or small her role. Her growth as a dancer this winter was, I think, nothing short of miraculous. Lastly I was thrilled to see the return of Sarah Ricard. Her calm beauty has been greatly missed. Stay healthy, please.