This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Audience age and the arts

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 11:58 AM

Certainly has a more interesting life together - in my opinion....However, you're right it does get expensive to buy those ballet tickets - and I only have 3 in my family!

piccolo - I'm glad to hear your opera company is having some good results by offering tickets at lower prices and encouraging families to attend. I was fortunate to have parents who took us to see plays...and then we bought the records with the music from the plays..OK, they were musicals but still! Because I was exposed to theater and to art museums and cathedrals, etc., I have kept my interest and do my best to expose my offspring to these things as well.

Oddly enough, I've noticed that a number of parents of young would be ballet dancers have never even seen a real, professional ballet performance!:eek: I just don't get it.

Nevertheless, "the Diva Program" seems the way to go. Do you think I might suggest it? ;)

#32 Calliope

Calliope

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 12:02 PM

It is the same Epstein FF
and he admits in his first chapter that "it takes a snob to know a snob"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):