This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

NYCB after Martins?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts

Posted 16 July 2001 - 09:35 AM

I thought that, too, Nanatchka. Chaos -- objectively speaking, when one isn't in the midst of it -- should be exciting. Asteroids hurtling themselves through space, landing here there and beyond, explosions, fireworks, fun! But then I thought, no, that's Chaos speaking through it's PR representative. Real chaos is simply when the power fails on the hottest day in summer and you're in the subway -- no air, no light, no escalators -- or on the street -- no traffic lights, honking horns, cars making U-turns in the middle of a street or going onto the sidewalk because the cops are all on strike.

#32 Manhattnik

Manhattnik

Gold Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 16 July 2001 - 03:44 PM

Real chaos is simply when the power fails on the hottest day in summer and you're in the subway -- no air, no light, no escalators -- or on the street -- no traffic lights, honking horns, cars making U-turns in the middle of a street or going onto the sidewalk because the cops are all on strike.

C'mon, Alexandra. You can't blame all of that on Peter Martins. We all know it was all Lindsay's fault, anyway.

#33 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts

Posted 16 July 2001 - 05:55 PM

No, no, Manhattnik! I wasn't making an analogy (and I won't give Martins credit for inventing the U-turn; I'm sure that was Noverre :) ) Just making the point that, in the abstract, chaos doesn't have to be exciting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):