This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Ballet Library in Gothenburg

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pamela Moberg

Pamela Moberg

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

After a lot of disturbing news I am very pleased to report a piece of very good news. In another thread a few months ago, we were discussing what to do with our ballet books when we pass away/get too old to read/failing eyesight/donating to libraries that were almost unwilling to accept a gift/ etc. Remember?

The Swedish ballerina Elsa Marianne von Rosen has donated the book collection belonging to her late husband, the dance writer Allan Fridericia. The donation was made to a new venture in Gothenburg called "3rd Floor". I take my hat off - even curtsey - to the officials of the Town Hall who have given an old building which was formerly the Carnegie Sugar Mill, to this Dance Organization which also houses a stage, studios, rehearsal rooms, an archive and now a library. Everything under one roof, wow! The von Rosen-Friderica book collection consists of 900 volumes. The inauguration was last Saturday and as soon as weather gets a bit better here (very cold and snowy now) I will pay a visit.

#2 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,486 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

That is very good news!

#3 sandik

sandik

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Good news indeed -- thank you so much for the heads-up on this. Please do let us know more when you get a chance to visit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):