This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Ballet Library in Gothenburg

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pamela Moberg

Pamela Moberg

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

After a lot of disturbing news I am very pleased to report a piece of very good news. In another thread a few months ago, we were discussing what to do with our ballet books when we pass away/get too old to read/failing eyesight/donating to libraries that were almost unwilling to accept a gift/ etc. Remember?

The Swedish ballerina Elsa Marianne von Rosen has donated the book collection belonging to her late husband, the dance writer Allan Fridericia. The donation was made to a new venture in Gothenburg called "3rd Floor". I take my hat off - even curtsey - to the officials of the Town Hall who have given an old building which was formerly the Carnegie Sugar Mill, to this Dance Organization which also houses a stage, studios, rehearsal rooms, an archive and now a library. Everything under one roof, wow! The von Rosen-Friderica book collection consists of 900 volumes. The inauguration was last Saturday and as soon as weather gets a bit better here (very cold and snowy now) I will pay a visit.

#2 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,467 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

That is very good news!

#3 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Good news indeed -- thank you so much for the heads-up on this. Please do let us know more when you get a chance to visit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):