This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ballet Library in Gothenburg

After a lot of disturbing news I am very pleased to report a piece of very good news. In another thread a few months ago, we were discussing what to do with our ballet books when we pass away/get too old to read/failing eyesight/donating to libraries that were almost unwilling to accept a gift/ etc. Remember?

The Swedish ballerina Elsa Marianne von Rosen has donated the book collection belonging to her late husband, the dance writer Allan Fridericia. The donation was made to a new venture in Gothenburg called "3rd Floor". I take my hat off - even curtsey - to the officials of the Town Hall who have given an old building which was formerly the Carnegie Sugar Mill, to this Dance Organization which also houses a stage, studios, rehearsal rooms, an archive and now a library. Everything under one roof, wow! The von Rosen-Friderica book collection consists of 900 volumes. The inauguration was last Saturday and as soon as weather gets a bit better here (very cold and snowy now) I will pay a visit.