This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Tiit Helimets and Co. film projectFilm of Tour to Estonia

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

I believe this was mentioned in passing somewhere in this forum..."Tiit Helimets and Co." - performances in Helimet's native Estonia with dancers from San Francisco ballet as well as other companies. SF Ballet dancer Quinn Warton is the videographer and director. I thought some people might be interested in the short video below...

"Tiit Helimets and Co.- The Estonian Tour This summer, Tiit Helimets, Principal Dancer with San Francisco Ballet, is leading an ensemble of 11 world class dancers, Tiit Helimets and Co, to his homeland in Estonia, where they will perform works by some of the greatest American choreographers of our time, including George Balanchine and Val Caniparoli."

"Eastern Odyssey" Trailer

And more info on the project here...
http://www.kickstart...tonia-tour-2011

Quinn Warton mentioned in an email that he is working on the final edits, but also trying to secure rights to music, so at this point isn't sure of a release to DVD. But something to look forward to.

#2 Marga

Marga

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

The DVD was released awhile back. I received my copy months ago.

#3 mumwang

mumwang

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

Please advise how I can order the DVD, thanks

#4 Marga

Marga

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

I'm trying to find the right place to send you, but have to get off the computer right now. In the interim you can contact the filmmaker Quinn Wharton directly. I'm sure you'll get results from using the address below.

http://www.quinnwharton.com/email/

#5 mumwang

mumwang

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:46 AM

Thanks very much, I did order the DVD.

#6 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

The DVD was released awhile back. I received my copy months ago.

Are you referring to the preliminary edit that was given to the Kickstarter project contributors? (If you donated money to the project you received a DVD). That wouldn't be the final, 'official' release though.

#7 Andre Yew

Andre Yew

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

Is there a way for non-Kickstarter participants to buy a copy of the film?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):