This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

2012 Vaganova Acad. Graduation ConcertsHonoring Dudinskaya: Jardin Anime and...Nacho Duato!?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 alexaa1a

alexaa1a

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

Thanks Alexaa1a! I will check my programs once I'm back at home base in two months, but I'm fairly certain she did dance that piece at some point (perhaps it wasnt 2010 though). I have a clear vision of her in the adagio onstage. I may have been confusing it with Asaf Messerer’s “Melody” (Antonin Dvorzak) the piece she danced alongside Sergei Strelkov in 2011.

At last yea's graduation performances, Olga Smirnova did not dance Melody, but between the 2nd and 3rd graduation performances, she and Strelkov, performed Melody in the June 23 Diana Vishneva gala, having danced Melody in May's Ulanova gala in London.

#17 Catherine

Catherine

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

Yes, I know, I speak of the June 23 gala because I was there - I saw it and reviewed it. *sigh*

#18 Tiara

Tiara

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:30 AM

p.s. Natalia -- Ksenia Shevtsova was fine in the Briantsev piece (which Smirnova danced 2 yrs ago for graduation) but ... I kept seeing Smirnova there so it was hard to not compare. That was the only piece she appeared in today, sadly. Ksenia Zhiganshina was not listed anywhere in the program either today or on the 17th. Altynai and Konstantin's daughter has one year left, but she appeared in the Duato pieces both dates ....

Ksenia Zhiganshina was rehearsing several pdd which she did not perform at graduation. However, she did actually participate as one of the corps girls in Le Jardin Anime, although she may not have been listed in the programme. She was not injured. Following that she went to Finland on 3rd July to take part in some master classes there for Finnish schools, and will be returning there in August. She received several offers from Russian companies after her examinations but, as has been noted elsewhere, will be studying for another 2 years at Vaganova.

#19 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:02 AM

I have a private film of Smirnova dancing Bryantsev's 'Spirit Ball.' Many of the numbers at the various graduation and mid-term ceremonies are interchanged (2 or 3 dancers sharing roles).

#20 alexaa1a

alexaa1a

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

I have a private film of Smirnova dancing Bryantsev's 'Spirit Ball.' Many of the numbers at the various graduation and mid-term ceremonies are interchanged (2 or 3 dancers sharing roles).

Can you please give the exact date of that private film performance?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):