• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ViolinConcerto

ViolinConcerto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

Here is the link to an article with an interview. I'm sure all of you who read "DanceViewTimes" are aware of this. An interesting revelation is that he studied to be a microbiologist!

A quote from the end of the review:

[font=Arial, sans-serif]WCP: How do you feel about quitting reviewing?[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]GJ: My first review was published in 1950 and the time has come. I believe I can still see, hear, think, and feel, but one does grow slower. Because of that personal change, there is the need to guard against misjudging such things as pacing and duration. I'm not going to stop writing. There are two books I have in mind, in fact have started. If ever they are going to be finished, though, it should be now and without many interruptions. Regular reviewing, if done properly, is consuming.[/font]

#2 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:17 AM

I imagine he's excited to get more time for the book projects, but I am going to miss his reviews.

#3 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:45 AM

Oh, no! Jackson is one of the most astute and 'fair' ballet reviewers on earth. The good news is that books are in the works. :)

#4 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,020 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

My immediate gratification side is very sad, but I am happy he will be able to complete his book projects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):