This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hee Seo/Cory Stearns on youtube

I stumbled across two wonderful videos of Hee Seo and Cory Stearns doing the White Swan and Le Corsaire pas de deux at something called the Gala of International Dance Stars. Posted in September. It looks like they're getting few hits, but well worth a look for ABT fans. I'm not technically accomplished enough to post a link, but you can easily find it via search (with Stearns' name misspelled "Corey").

Dear Christine,

Thank you so much for letting all us Ballet Takers know about those wonderful videos on Youtube. (I don't know how to post a link either so don't worry about that.) I just watched the Le Corsaire video. Corey's first solo was very good, but I think he needs to work on the other two solos. But then again I've seen Angel Corella dance Ali so many times. And I don't think anyone (that I'm aware of) equals Corella in the part. I've seen Corey dance Conrad twice, and I think he fits that part much better. As always, Hee Seo was wonderful, but she's not yet up to Michelle Wiles, Irina Dvorovenko or especially Gillian Murphy in the role. This may sound terrible, but I think I'm so used to ABT dancers doing at least double fouettes that I'm a bit disappointed when I only see singles. But I have to admit Hee's singles were spot on. It looked like she didn't move at all. Again, thank you, Christine for letting me know about these wonderful videos. I can always count on Ballet Talkers to keep me updated on all the latest in ballet news, both live and on the world wide web.

Thanks Christine for the tip. I thought Cory did very well as Ali. He is quite tall and shorter dancers seems a better fit in this role,i think. Igor Zelensky is the only other tall dancer i have seen in this role.Of course at this point , Cory is not up to the level of Igor or Angel or Jose Manuel but with more performances,who knows.

I don't think Hee Seo is especially suited, technically or artistically, to the more bravura roles. However, she is sublime in lyrical roles, and I would recommend everyone to see her in Giselle next summer. Her Juliet is absolutely exquisite.