This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Diana Adams' daughter

evegen

I just discovered this site in trying to track down my beloved childhood friend, Georgina Bates, after I was unable to reach her by phone. It was a discussion forum here from June 2008 about what to do with photographs of her mother, Diana Adams, upon the death of Georgina. It was a shock to get the news of Georgina's passing this way. If there is anyone who has any information about her that can be shared in this forum - even where her ashes were scattered - or perhaps knows friends of hers or the executor of her will who made the initial posting, please, please, respond.

Thank you.

Welcome to Ballet Talk, evegen; we're glad you found us. This forum is for welcoming new members and does not get much traffic. You might post your question on another forum, perhaps Dancers, or Ballet News, or Everything Else Ballet; perhaps you'll get an answer there. We wish you luck on your search.

Giannina

I am sorry for the loss of your old friend, evegen. Through a web search I, too, recently learned of the death of a childhood friend, also sounded like a probable suicide. Shocking and distressing.

Ms. Bates' passing was a topic of this thread, so you might want to address it there.

Since the neither you, evegen, nor the member who started that thread has Personal Message privileges yet, I (as the board's registrar) will be happy to send her your e-mail address. Just give me the go-ahead.

]

I am sorry for the loss of your old friend, evegen. Through a web search I, too, recently learned of the death of a childhood friend, also sounded like a probable suicide. Shocking and distressing.

Ms. Bates' passing was a topic of this thread, so you might want to address it there.

Since the neither you, evegen, nor the member who started that thread has Personal Message privileges yet, I (as the board's registrar) will be happy to send her your e-mail address. Just give me the go-ahead.

Dear Carbro,

Yes, please forward my email address to her. I appreciate your help.

I am sorry, too for the loss of your friend.

Thank you.

I just discovered this site in trying to track down my beloved childhood friend, Georgina Bates, after I was unable to reach her by phone. It was a discussion forum here from June 2008 about what to do with photographs of her mother, Diana Adams, upon the death of Georgina. It was a shock to get the news of Georgina's passing this way. If there is anyone who has any information about her that can be shared in this forum - even where her ashes were scattered - or perhaps knows friends of hers or the executor of her will who made the initial posting, please, please, respond.

Thank you.

evegen - We just discovered this website and your post seeking additional information about Georgina Bates. Our son was with her for several years and we have some photos and info about her. If we can get an e-mail address or phone number for you we would be happy to share it with you. Our son Andy spoke with you on the phone when he and Georgie were together. Please respond.

Thank you.

evegen - We just discovered this website and your post seeking additional information about Georgina Bates. Our son was with her for several years and we have some photos and info about her. If we can get an e-mail address or phone number for you we would be happy to share it with you. Our son Andy spoke with you on the phone when he and Georgie were together. Please respond.

Hello Betty.

I just found out about Georgie's death when my Christmas card to her was returned from the current owner of her home advising me that she passed away 3 years ago. As you can imagine, this was quite a shock. Georgie and I have not talked a lot over the years but we typically talked at the holidays. I thought the last time I spoke with her was only 2 years ago, but it must have been 3 given the posts here. Her other cards never came back, and Georgie was never much of a card sender, so I didn't think much of it. Do you have any information about the circumstances of her death? This site is the only thing I've found on-line about her death. Evegen was also a childhood friend. She lived on one side of Georgie's house in NJ and I lived on the other side. I loved her like a sister and I am completely broken at the thought that she is gone. At least I know she is with her mom and dad now. Her mom was like a second mother to me and it was hard enough to take when I learned of her death. Please let me know if there is any information you can share with me. Thank you. Judiann Smith

Hi, judiann. You might want to look at the page I linked in post #3, above. Specifically, a post on that page by cheryl44tn, here. If you'd like, I can forward your e-mail address to any of the contributors to these discussions. I know how comforting it can be to share remembrances of a loved one with others. Just let me know. This assumes, obviously, that the addresses we have are still current.

I am an avid balletomane. I adored photos in books of Diana Adams and Arthur Mitchell in Agon. It was monumental. Diana Adams was a lovely and very important ballet dancer. She went through so much to have a child.

I am so sorry to know her daughter died so prematurely and tragically. I am so glad to have seen some pictures of Georgiana. She was so beautiful. I am reading the interview of Diana Adams in Balanchine Ballerinas.

Ballet photos are so important. I deeply hope the woman who was looking for a place for the pictures of Diana Adams has found one. I know there is some place that would love having the photos.

I dont know if they were ballet photos of Diana Adams or personal photos. But I know there is a place for them. I would love to see the pictures.

I  loved hearing how one poster said Diana Adams was like a second mother to her. I only know of Diana Adams as a famous dancer, so to know more of the personal aspect of her life is very interesting and very, very nice.

I hope Diana Adams and her daughter Georgina are together now.