Morphoses at Vail International Dance Festival August 2009

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 susanger

susanger

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:49 PM

In case you're not following Morphoses or the Vail Int'l Dance Festival on Facebook, here is a link to Morphoses rehearsal photos by Kyle Froman (!) on the Vail Valley Foundation blog. Several NYC Ballet dancers are performing: Wendy Whelan, Adrian Danchig-Waring, Tiler Peck, Joaquin De Luz, Craig Hall, and Tyler Angle; there are a few others I can't identify in the photos.

#2 DeborahB

DeborahB

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:43 AM

In case you're not following Morphoses or the Vail Int'l Dance Festival on Facebook, here is a link to Morphoses rehearsal photos by Kyle Froman (!) on the Vail Valley Foundation blog. Several NYC Ballet dancers are performing: Wendy Whelan, Adrian Danchig-Waring, Tiler Peck, Joaquin De Luz, Craig Hall, and Tyler Angle; there are a few others I can't identify in the photos.

Joaquin De Luz is actually not performing with Morphoses but
Gonzalo Garcia, Maria Kowrowski, and Jason Fowler -- as well as those mentioned above -- are part of the company. Former NYCB dancer Edwaard Liang is also with Morphoses.

Morphoses will also be performing at Summerstage in Central Park (free too!) on 8/14 and 8/15. I'll miss it (will be in London), but if you haven't seen Edward Watson (such a wonderful dancer) of the Royal Ballet -- who also performs with Morphoses -- do try to get to one of these performances. A new ballet called "Whither Shall I Wander" was made on Edward and Wendy Whelan
and will debut in Central Park (I can't believe I'm going to miss this!). From the very short preview clip that I saw it looks wonderful (I'll try to find the link and post if I do find it).

And speaking of Wendy -- was anyone in Vail last night for Wendy's tribute (mentioned in the NYT on Sunday)? I'm hoping that there was press there too.

#3 DeborahB

DeborahB

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:45 AM

Here's the preview clip of the new ballet for Wendy Whelan and Edward Watson.
You have to be signed up for Facebook to see this (it takes just a minute or two):

http://www.facebook....=...5423&ref=mf

#4 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:29 AM

Thank you, Deborah. Non-FB members can view the video directly on Morphoses' own website, here.

#5 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:20 AM

Looks great, can't wait to see it at Summerstage. Thanks Deborah, and have a great time in London!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):