This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Happy Thanksgiving!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:38 AM

I wish you all the happiest Thanksgiving Day. Life is beautiful. Let's celebrate it.
Best:

#2 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:51 AM

Happy Thanksgiving from London to those who celebrate! I'm here to have expatriate turkey with family, but saw the Royal triple bill last night (for Ballet Review) and will see Ondine on Saturday.

Off to catch the train to Bristol. Gobble, gobble.

#3 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:36 AM

Can't find many apt scenes in my collection of mostly Russian postcards but this one, from a specially produced and released fund-raising series of Red Cross cards from St. Petersburg featuring THE SEASONS, as painted by Konstantin Somov, of autumn might say HAPPY THANKSGIVING in its Francophilic Russian way.

Attached Files

#4 papeetepatrick

papeetepatrick

Sapphire Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:01 AM

Very nice autumn, but not too much like Thanksgiving as we know it, since I just went to the Macy's Parade, which is so Dada a l'americaine with the giant balloons between the sharp edges. It's quite amazing visually if you find the right perch--which is 33rd just below Macy's, because you see up 10 blocks and only the high-flying balloons, which don't seem to be moving. Very hypnotic, because they seem fixed there in this new unnatural environment. Only 2nd time I saw it.

#5 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:37 AM

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="7"]Happy Thanksgiving everyone...!!!![/size][/font] :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Here's a turkey-ballerina. I couldn't find a more stylized one... :blushing:

http://lh4.ggpht.com...JM/DSC02007.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):