This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Renato Zanella's CinderellaVienna State Opera Ballet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 04:08 PM

Is anyone familiar with Renato Zanella's Aschenbrödel? A DVD from Euroarts is forthcoming.

#2 bart

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 05:06 PM

Thanks, volcanohunter, for the euroarts Link, which includes a brief video of highlights. The Christian Lacroix costumes from the first half of the video reminded me a bit of those Kurt Seligman body-encrustations for the first version of Four Temperaments. But in Disney primary colors.

Later, it was almost a relief to see Cinderella stripped down to a nightie, and the Prince to a black trousers and bare chest, for a pas de deux. Thank goodness Lacroix got this out of his system before taking on the classy and dance-friendly costumes for POB's Jewels.

This one I have to have. :wallbash:

#3 Joseph

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:33 AM

cool this looks interesting!

#4 Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:12 PM

Thanks for the tip-off. This is a rarity, as it uses Johan Strauss, Jr's charming score, rather than the more familiar Prokofiev. Heretofore, I've seen/heard the Strauss version only in the National Ballet of Cuba's setting, 7-8 years ago in Newark. How wonderful to finally have a Strauss 'Cinderella' on video, even if it's in choreography that differs from that of the Cubans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):