48 replies to this topic

#46 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 05 August 2000 - 10:09 PM

I, for one, sight unseen, am willing to call for cheers for our young men of the RBS, who have done much to enlighten us, to cheer us, and to seek our assistance when necessary. All together: hip, hip, (Hoorah), hip, hip (Hoorah), hip, hip, (Hooray!)...and a tiger (RAAAAHHHH)!

#47 jcaguioa

jcaguioa

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 August 2000 - 11:46 AM

Thanks Mel! I'm sure we'll be seeking your help again near the end of this year when we will start performing again. We might also be working with the company of which will perform Swan Lake, Ondine and La Fille mal Gardee of which Ethan Steifel will be guesting with us! I'm really excited as Ethan is one of our favourutes!

#48 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,234 posts

Posted 07 August 2000 - 01:04 PM

Oh, please please don't wait until the end of the year to keep posting!!!! You guys have been one of the Board highlights of the year and I think we're all looking forward to hearing of your further adventures.

#49 jcaguioa

jcaguioa

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 August 2000 - 10:21 AM

The bad news of the Royal ballet at the moment is that Jerry douglas the company's first black dancer from the U.S has left the company due to lack of "dancing Roles" in the company's productions. also Carlos Acosta will sadly leave as a resident member of the company and become a guest for simalar reasons. I am extremely saddend about both as the are both really wonderful for the company. I do think Carlos deserves more but the problem is that alot of the works the company perfoms don't suit him totally. This news is a disappointment I'm sure to many.
Jonny

[This message has been edited by jcaguioa (edited August 15, 2000).]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):