This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Reminder About The Time

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ari

Ari

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:32 AM

I've noticed lately that there seems to be a strange discrepancy between the time listed on posts and the time that they actually go up. Then it dawned on me that Daylight Savings Time just began here in the US. :clapping: The Board software does not adjust for this automatically, so you have to do it yourself. If you are living somewhere that observes Daylight Savings Time (called Summer Time in some places), click on My Controls in the top right-hand corner of your screen. Then, on the left-hand side, look under Options and click on Board Settings. Check to see that your time zone is right, then check the box beneath it that says "Daylight Savings Time in Effect."

Voila, the correct time. :)

#2 zerbinetta

zerbinetta

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:47 PM

That was easy! Thank you for this.

Will you remind us again when we "fall back", please?

#3 Ari

Ari

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 05:05 AM

I'll try to remember, Zerbinetta. :)

#4 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 08:17 PM

Thanks Ari! I thought the post-time was just kind of wacko and inalterably locked to GMT... so I never noticed any error so slight as daylight savings! Thanks for showing me how to straighten all that out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):