This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

I think it's because of Ballet Alert that...What our readers use us for

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 03:48 PM

It's because of Ballet Alert! that I've been able to - help my daughter receive a much better ballet education; learn more about one of, if not the most beautiful arts; meet such a broad cross section of interesting and interested people across the world; make some of the best new pals; be able to keep up with breaking ballet news across the continents; find out about performances that I'd like; understand the nuances of different choreographers and dancers and spend waaaaaaay too much time on the Internet! :huepfen: :ermm: :flowers: :wub:

#17 Cristina

Cristina

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 05:50 PM

:ermm:

All I can really say is Ditto to many of the comments that precede this.

BA helps me be a better ballet parent;

It broadens my horizons and enlightens me about ballet, literature, and many other topics;

It gives me lots of perspective on the world of ballet out there;

As VRS said, it keeps me on my toes with grammar and punctuation!

It also gives my dd a place to share her passion for ballet.

Happy Birthday BA!!! :party: :huepfen: :yes:

#18 Pamela Moberg

Pamela Moberg

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 02:56 PM

Lost in the deep countryside without access to a live performance, BA gives me purpose of life every evening - I just love it. Thinking back, I dont really know how I could have managed without all those interesting and educating posts, sometimes posting myself when I felt there was something I could contribute.
I echo all those posters above - and I will just add that it has meant so much to my life. :flowers: :toot: :D :cat: :bouncing: :party:

#19 Kate B

Kate B

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 03:24 PM

Love the 'Toot' smilie, Pamela!

I'm glad you posted on this thread today - I'd missed it the first time round. I think it's because of BA that I've never felt strange for liking dance and ballet, despite not having any friends who like it like I do in 'real' life.

Thanks! :D :flowers: :toot:

#20 Manhattnik

Manhattnik

Gold Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 03:42 PM

... I can settle old scores.

... I have even more Internet crazies after me (unless it's all the same one!).

... I am even less productive at work (at what they pay me for).

... Peter and Kevin tremble in fear at my every word.

... I get even less sleep.

#21 atm711

atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 04:10 PM

I think it's because of Ballet Alert that I don't get to clean the house much anymore. :flowers: I am much too busy keeping up with new posts and if that wasn't enough, I have added a Blog. :D

#22 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 06:17 PM

I learn about things that I'd never have known about - especially in such a timely manner. :D

#23 Guest_petiteanise_*

Guest_petiteanise_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 28 November 2003 - 11:09 PM

Because of BA...

I am not cleaning my room right now

I have learned that there are complete strangers willing to help and "hear" what you have to say or just get off your chest

That despite what my teachers think Ballet doesn't always have to be so strict, rigid and zero fun. BA is the first "ballet teacher" that ever joked with me

that I spend more time on the net then I do perfecting my technique

:hyper: :bouncing:

:flowers: BA defineitly deserves a standing ovation and flowers! :D

#24 Pamela Moberg

Pamela Moberg

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 03:40 PM

Yes, Kate B.,
What I really tooted for here was my old flat in Tottenham Court Road, no. 35.
Walking distance of just about everything - do you really understand what I mean?
Now, if I want to attend something - major arrangements - major plans - major
undertakings. One usually ends up in front of the TV...
Such is life sometimes...
I do not really like all those hooters and tooters, but sometimes they are fun, when you really want to make a point. Here's another one: :D

#25 Pamela Moberg

Pamela Moberg

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 03:50 PM

Sorry about this query, move it if I am in the wrong forum!
I just thought the cat smilie was so cute, I put it in. What does it actually mean?
To my defence I must add that I love cats, I have a lovely Russian blue. Just couldn't help it! :cat:

#26 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 03:57 PM

I'm glad you asked that question, Pamela, as I'm sure others are curious, too. Actually, I have no idea why the cat, unless it's sort of an additional "cool" smilie from the old beatnik expression, "cool cat". On the other hand, sometimes a cat is only a cat. I like Russian Blues, too. Especially the big males, suitable for bookends and doorstops.

#27 Kate B

Kate B

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 03:59 AM

Wow, a flat in Tottenham Court Road would be fantastic for getting around London! But it would be noisy. :unsure: I've never looked at all the smilies on offer until now! I like the cat, too.

#28 Tiffany

Tiffany

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 08:59 PM

Because of BA...I have a network of people who can understand me, and my passion for dance, which is hard to find in the area in which I live. Thanks! :thumbsup:

#29 jane

jane

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 12:23 PM

Ballet alert has encouraged me and made me realise i could do things i hadnt the confidence to do

Ballet alert has provided many hours of entertainment and consolation!

Ballet alert is why i'm not in my room revising! So i'd better go or i'll be breaking the no homework/no ballet rule!

Thankyou to the people who run the board-its a great idea!

#30 dido

dido

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 01:24 PM

I think it's because of Ballet Alert that any time I have a problem (can I substitute lemon juice and milk for buttermilk to make pancakes? How many people did the Theater of Dionysus in Athens seat) this is my first thought, appropriate or not.

I get to "see" performances around the world.

Thanks everybody, especially you moderators, do you ever sleep?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):